Temporal Power designs, manufactures and services the world’s leading flywheel energy storage technology. Using an all steel flywheel in combination with proprietary bearing technology, Temporal Power offers a high-performance energy storage solution that holds the highest amount of energy of any flywheel in the world, offers no degradation due to cycle life, and is a clean technology made of fully recyclable materials.
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineering Technician with strong aptitude for mechanical design in SolidWorks. Working as a member of the Engineering Department, you will be responsible for 3D modelling, the creation of detailed drawings, and BOM management for Temporal Power’s Flywheel Energy Storage System. Other drafting skills may be required such as the creation of electrical single line diagrams or site layouts within AutoCAD.
The Mechanical Engineering Technician will also assist in the creation and execution of test plans at Temporal’s lab. These tests will be used to validate changes and improvements as part of the design process.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Solid modelling and drawing creation in SolidWorks using GD&T.
- Maintain and organize CAD structure for revision management between various projects
- Updating and managing Bills of Material for various projects and equipment.
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure components are received as specified on drawings.
- Creating 2D plans such as electrical Single Line Diagrams and Site Layouts.
- Drafting, executing, and completion of record of test plans for R&D and Manufacturing validation.
- Potential for onsite support during commissioning and customer system integration.
Education or Designations: Degree or diploma in mechanical, or electromechanical design and drafting
Knowledge or Experience: Minimum 3 years of related experience
Skills & Attributes:
1. Demonstrated skill as a drafter and designer of industrial components.
Experience with rotating machinery, vacuum systems, electrical systems,
hydraulics, and welding an asset.
2. Strong proficiency in SolidWorks 2014.
3. Familiar with precision machining and other metal working processes.
4. Familiar with hand tools and the required allowances for their use in design.
5. Knowledge and experience with the appropriate use of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing.
6. Experience with the creation and maintenance of Bills of Material.
7. Proven track record of problem solving skills.
8. Demonstrated organization and prioritization skills, strong attention to detail.
9. AutoCAD and electrical systems experience an asset.
Direct Reports: No
Predictability of Working Hours: Yes
Job Type: Full-time